2024 Pennie Broker Training is Now Available!
Pennie is Pennsylvania’s State Marketplace Exchange for Individual Health Insurance.
The free 2024 Pennie Broker Training is available now and can be accessed for both new and returning brokers.
Click here to access
Returning Pennie-Certified Agents should have received an email with a link to complete 2024 Recertification. Brokers who are currently certified with Pennie will already have a TrainPA account from training last year. If this is not the case, they will be treated as a New Broker with Pennie and should follow the instructions here. Recertification must be completed by October 31,2023. If this re-certification isn't completed by this deadline, you will need to complete the full new certification course.
New Agents should follow this link and follow the outlined steps to create your Pennie and TrainPA accounts, and complete the necessary New Agent Certification Training Modules for Plan Year 2024.
- Each module must be completed before you can move onto the next module.
- The exam must be passed with a score of 80% or better to receive the certificate of completion.
- After you've completed your training, allow 5-7 business days for Pennie to review your account and eligibility.
- Certifications expire on December 31, 2023. Failure to complete certification by December 31st will result in the loss of certification and of your Pennie book of business, effective January 1, 2024.
- Pennie training is required in order to be commission-eligible for on-exchange enrollment; you do not need to submit your training certificate to Highmark.
- If you sell in states other than Pennsylvania, you will need to fulfill additional training requirements.
- Call the Pennie Broker Support team at 844-8844-4440 or email brokers@Pennie.com for additional assistance.
Reminder: 2024 Delaware and West Virginia Marketplace Training Is Also Available
Plan Year 2024 Marketplace registration and training for individuals selling in Delaware or
West Virginia is available for new agents and brokers and those returning who didn’t complete Marketplace training for Plan Year 2023!
The optional Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) training and SHOP Agreement are also available.
for more information and instructions for how to complete this training.
The CMS announcement plus instructions for new and returning brokers are available here: